the Healing Power of African American Spirituality, by Stephanie Rose Bird
Softcover, 272 Pages
From Hampton Roads:
The essential resource and guide to African American spirituality and traditions.
This is a fabulous resource for anyone who wants to understand African American spirituality, shamanism, and indigenous spiritual practices and beliefs. It is designed to be informative while providing hands-on recipes, rituals, projects, and resources to help you become an active participant in its wonderfully soulful traditions.
Inside you will find:
1. A celebration of healing, magic, and the divination traditions of ancient African earth-based spirituality
2. An explanation of how these practices have evolved in contemporary African American culture
3. A potpourri of recipes, rituals, and resources that you can use to heal your life
Among the topics covered:
- African spiritual practices of Santeria, Obeah, Lucumi, Orisa, and Quimbois
- Hoodoo—and how to use it to improve your health
- Ancient healing rituals and magical recipes of Daliluw
- Talking drums, spiritual dancing, clapping, tapping, singing, and changing
- Power objects, tricks and mojo bags, and herbal remedies
Previously published as The Big Book of Soul.